Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bangkok










I haven't had much time to post. I am using Wi-Fi free right now on my good friend Bruce's laptop. I will post a few photos, tell my tales at home mostly, and call it good.

These photos didn't go in the order I was hoping for, but rather than fool with the computer, I will roll with it.

The first photo is the alley where my hostel is located. There is a crazy dude that walks up and down the alley ALL day long with only shorts, a satchel, and a white shell necklace. He looks like some sort of Bodhi Satva or something. He is one of my favorite parts of the landscape.

Next the cook at the garage/shack/home of Kat as me and the guys call her (I think her name is really Kaa with a very sharp "a"). I have ate here 2-3 times per day for the past 4 days and become something of a Regular along with Bruce and my new Britsky friend Tom.

Next is my friend Bruce sitting watching a terrenchal downpour (which is not really visible in the photo for some reason). Then there is a shot from the Balcony of my hostel.

The picture of the Monitor Lizard is from Lumphini Park.

Then theres an artist restoring a very extensive series of stories rendered along the wall of the Grand Palace. The next is me standing next to the largest lying Buddha in the world (very standard tourist stuff). I'm glad I saw it, but it felt more like a $1.25 photo op.

Lat we have a Buddha shrine and Wat Pho and a doorway within Wat Pho.

That is all till my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment